With out monetary assist, farmers adamant on burning stubble
Sangrur, September 16
Seeing no monetary assist coming from the state authorities for managing paddy stubble, farmers have introduced that they’d stick with burning it. They mentioned conferences can be held quickly to kind committees to deal with authorities officers in case of “harassment” of growers throughout the upcoming paddy harvesting season.
“How will the farmers who’re already below debt spend from their pocket to handle enormous portions of farm waste?” questioned farmer Gamdoor Singh.
4 corporations dealing in straw mgmt equipment blacklisted
- Chandigarh: The state authorities has blacklisted 4 stubble administration equipment firms in Malwa.
- These firms had been indulging in bogus promoting of machines meant for in situ stubble administration.
- Two corporations in Faridkot, one in Sadiq and one in Muktsar had been allegedly affixing totally different serial nos. on one machine to indicate that these had been bought to totally different farmers.
- They had been then claiming subsidy for the variety of machines that they confirmed within the data as bought.
- A senior officer of the Agriculture Division mentioned that they had now made it necessary for laser chopping of serial numbers of machines on the physique of the machine itself. TNS
“By burning paddy stubble, farmers are the primary ones to inhale the toxic smoke. So we don’t need to burn it, however we have now no selection. If the federal government fails to provide any assist, we are going to proceed to burn it and in addition gherao officers in the event that they attempt to harass farmers,” mentioned Rinku Moonak, BKU Ugrahan chief from Moonak block of Sangrur.
Sangrur Chief Agriculture Officer Harbans Singh mentioned, “We’re organising particular camps and providing all attainable assist. Farmers ought to perceive that these fires trigger irreparable harm to land.”