Ludhiana tops nation for 100 percent faucet water provide

Ludhiana tops nation for 100 percent faucet water provide



Tribune Information Service

Nitin Jain

Ludhiana, October 23

Ludhiana district has ranked first within the nation and state for offering faucet water provide to all households below Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), the federal government has confirmed.

All 3,25,459 households within the state’s largest district, by way of space and inhabitants, have gotten clear and protected faucet water provide.

In keeping with the official figures, 100 per cent of households within the district have been lined below the Centre’s scheme. The official figures have been compiled by the Division of Water Provide and Sanitation below the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti, a replica of which is accessible with The Tribune.

The figures point out that 1,49,198 households, which account for 45.84 per cent of the whole 3,25,459 households within the district, had faucet water provide earlier than the launch of the JJM on August 15, 2019. The remaining 1,76,261 households, constituting 54.16 per cent within the district, had been supplied faucet water provide by March 31 this 12 months.

Ludhiana is amongst 120 districts within the nation, the place 1,327 blocks, 76,748 village panchayats and 1,60,401 villages have gotten 100 per cent purposeful family faucet connections (FHTCs).

The agrarian state’s 17,47,390 households had been with out faucet water connections when the JJM was launched on August 15, 2019, of which 17,45,160 households (accounting for 99.87 per cent), have been lined so far. Whereas Punjab remained a bit wanting reaching 100 per cent protection, the nation has lined 54.06 per cent households below the JJM.

In Punjab, 34,23,718 of the whole 34,25,948 households, which account for 99.93 per cent, have been supplied with clear and protected consuming faucet water provide.

Within the nation, as many as 10,38,87,876 of the whole 19,15,14,731 households, accounting for 54.25 per cent, have been supplied faucet water provide until October 20.

Whereas Punjab will quickly obtain 100 per cent protection, six states and Union Territories — Haryana, Goa, Telangana, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Puducherry, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu — have already achieved 100 per cent family protection with purposeful faucet water connections. Gujarat is on the verge of reaching the milestone because it has already recorded 99.99 per cent protection.

OfficialSpeak

The Jal Jeevan Mission is aimed toward guaranteeing potable faucet water provide in enough amount, of prescribed high quality and on common and long-term foundation to each rural family within the nation by 2024. The Centre has been allocating funds to the states and UTs below the mission since August 2019. — Vini Mahajan, secretary, consuming water & sanitation, union ministry of jal shakti





Supply hyperlink

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.

%d bloggers like this: