DGP leads crackdown in opposition to medicine in Punjab
Chandigarh, November 15
Beneath strain to regulate legislation and order scenario, officiating Director Basic of Police (DGP) Gaurav Yadav on Tuesday took to the streets to steer a state-wide particular cordon and search operation.
Within the operation performed from 11 am to 4 pm concurrently throughout the state, ADGP/IGP rank officers from Punjab Police Headquarters had been deputed to every police district.
“The operation was to spice up public confidence and improve the presence of the police to infuse concern among the many anti-social components,” mentioned the DGP in an announcement.
Yadav led the operation in Ludhiana. He was joined by ADGP (Group Affairs Division and Girls Affairs) Gurpreet Kaur and Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana, Mandeep Singh Sidhu.
The DGP mentioned the operation was performed after figuring out drug and crime hotspots by way of knowledge evaluation by district police forces. He mentioned completely different groups frisked suspects and searched homes beneath the supervision of senior officers. He mentioned sniffer canines and drones had been additionally deputed on the hotspots to make sure strict vigil.
The DGP mentioned no new arms licence can be issued until the bodily verification of earlier arms licences within the subsequent three months. He mentioned public show of weapons, even on social media, can be handled an iron hand, and motion can be taken in opposition to violators.
He identified the cyber wing of the Punjab Police would maintain a watch on social networking websites to verify the violations.
“FIRs might be registered instantly in case anybody is discovered indulging in hate speech in opposition to any neighborhood,” he mentioned, including that nobody can be allowed to take the legislation into their arms.
In the meantime, in Ludhiana, the operation was carried out Ghorha Colony, Ambedkar Colony, Moti Nagar and Peeru Banda localities. 4 individuals recognized as Mohit Kumar of Durgapuri Mohalla, Sonu of Peeru Banda, Gaurav of Chander Nagar, and Mohan of New Kundanpuri had been rounded up, whereas, 12 gm heroin was recovered throughout a search in Ghora colony.
In Ferozepur, the search operation was carried out at 16 hotspots. The operation was led by Ferozepur SSP Kanwardeep Kaur. Particular nakas had been put up round these areas and a scientific search was carried out throughout which 122 gm heroin, 100 kg lahan, 16.5 bottles illicit liquor and 15 bottles of countrymade liquor had been recovered and 9 individuals had been arrested.
In Fatehgarh Sahib, the police led by Naresh Arora ADGP (Human Rights) and SSP Ravjot Grewal performed a search operation in Nandpur Kalour space of Bassi Pathana and in Amloh subdivision.
After looking out the homes of some suspects, the police claimed to have recovered heroin and different medicine in Bassi Pathana space.
Arms, medicine seized throughout search ops
- Bathinda police performed a four-hour-long cordon and search operation at Bir Talab village in Bathinda
- The police have detained 5 individuals and seized 6-gm heroin, 200 kg ‘lahan’, .32 bore pistol and .315 bore gun
- Whereas two circumstances have been registered beneath the Excise Act, one has been filed beneath the NDPS Act
- ADGP G Nageswara Raosaid, “Eradicating the menace of medicine in Punjab is the highest precedence of the police. The Bathinda police carried out the search operation to instil a way of security and safety amongst residents.”
No new arms licences to be issued
- DGP Gaurav Yadav mentioned no new arms licences can be issued until the bodily verification of earlier licences
- He mentioned public show of weapons, even on social media, can be handled an iron hand