Ayushman yojana: 80% dues cleared, pvt hospitals begin admitting sufferers once more

Ayushman yojana: 80% dues cleared, pvt hospitals begin admitting sufferers once more



Tribune Information Service

Sukhmeet Bhasin

Bathinda, Janaury 4

The empanelled non-public hospitals have restarted admitting sufferers beneath the Ayushman Bharat Mukh Mantri Sehat Bima Yojana within the state after the federal government had cleared about 80 per cent of their dues.

The scheme supplies medical health insurance as much as Rs 5 lakh to round 40 lakh households. It will likely be a terrific reduction for them as earlier when this scheme was stalled by non-public hospitals, sufferers weren’t getting the cashless profit and needed to bear therapy by paying cash from their pockets.

Indian Medical Affiliation, Punjab vice-president, Dr Vikas Chhabra stated, “Personal hospitals have began the scheme after the federal government cleared 80 per cent of the full Rs 250 crore excellent quantity. It additionally assured them that the remaining 20 per cent would even be paid quickly. After that, a majority of the empanelled hospitals have began the scheme and the remaining will begin it quickly”.

Over 700 hospitals adopted the scheme in 2019 for 40 lakh households however final 12 months, the hospitals had stopped admitting sufferers in protest in opposition to the non-payment by the federal government. The state well being company, by way of an e mail to the hospitals, knowledgeable them that the insurance coverage firm, that was given the contract, received’t provide its companies after February 25.

It’s learnt that the insurance coverage firm had been struggling losses for the previous a number of months because of the enormous claims made by the hospitals. In December 2021, the corporate had conveyed to the federal government that it received’t be capable of proceed the scheme as enormous claims had been being made by the hospitals. Consequently, the IMA had determined that the non-public hospitals wouldn’t proceed the scheme.





Supply hyperlink

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.

%d bloggers like this: