Charcoal fuel kills 5 migrant employees in Sangrur village; police begins probe
Sangrur, January 9
5 migrant employees died in a rice mill of Chahar village of Sangrur district after allegedly inhaling toxic fuel emanating from burning coal in a fire. Police have began investigations.
“Final night time six individuals had slept in a room. To get some warmth, they saved burning fireplace within the fire close to them. However at present morning when they didn’t open the gate, different labourers referred to as me. Once we broke the gate, we discovered 5 of them useless and one was critical,” mentioned Ravinder Kumar.
Kumar knowledgeable that the deceased have been recognized as Sat Narayan, Sachin, Radhey, Karan and Anant Kumar whereas Rudar Kumar is critical and admitted to Sunam hospital.
Sangrur SSP Surendra Lamba knowledgeable that prima facie it appears that evidently toxic fuel has precipitated the deaths.
“However we’re conducting thorough investigations. We’re ready for recording the assertion of migrant employee who’s in hospital,” mentioned SSP Lamba.