Tight safety at Ajnala after conflict
Amritsar, February 24
Day after the conflict between cops and armed supporters of radical Sikh preacher Amritpal Singh, the police in the present day remained on their toes to be able to stop any untoward incident.
Heavy police power was deputed at Ajnala police station and within the border city on Friday the place Amritpal together with a whole lot of supporters remained put up following the conflict exterior Ajnala police station.
Armed supporters of the controversial chief had converged at Ajnala police station to stage a protest in opposition to the arrest of his supporter Lovepreet Singh who was nabbed by Ajnala police in an alleged kidnapping and assault case registered per week in the past. They had been searching for his launch and cancellation of the FIR registered.
Nonetheless, after reaching the spot, his supporters allegedly broke via the barricades and stormed into the police station. The conflict led to harm to 6 cops, together with SP Jugraj Singh and supporters of Amritpal. Senior police officers together with ADGP Mohnish Chawla and Amritsar Police Commissioner Jaskaran Singh reached the spot for negotiations. The agitators threatened a everlasting sit-in till Lovepreet was discharged.
Although the police assured his launch, Amritpal and his supporters determined to stay in Ajnala till his launch however agreed to depart the police station. Following the incident, the police made tight safety preparations at Ajnala.
After the discharge of Lovepreet, he alongside along with his supporters left Ajnala and moved in the direction of Amritsar.
Cops on toes
- Heavy police power was deputed at Ajnala police station and within the border city on Friday the place Amritpal together with a whole lot of supporters remained put up following the conflict exterior Ajnala police station.
- Armedmen had converged at Ajnala police station searching for launch and cancellation of the FIR in opposition to Lovepreet Singh.
Majithia blames police for not taking preventive measures
- Reacting to the Ajnala incident, senior SAD chief Bikram Singh Majithia strongly criticised the carrying of Sri Guru Granth Sahib saroop on the Ajnala police station amid a violent crowd.
- “The saroop was misused for a private struggle, which was extremely condemnable. Inform me any single occasion in historical past the place the saroop was taken to a police station on this method to free an individual. It’s a state-sponsored deliberate try and push Punjab into the turbulent interval of 80s-90s. Until this time, there has not been a single response from the CM on the incident that occurred at a police station within the border belt,” he mentioned.
- “How might the protesters cowl a distance of over 60 km and managed to succeed in the police station? What restrained the DGP or SSP from taking preventive measures,” the SAD chief requested.